The University of Wisconsin–Madison offers the Road to Wisconsin transfer pathway for select students from Illinois. Students who are offered the Road to Wisconsin pathway begin as college freshmen at a two-year institution. Those students who meet the program requirements outlined below will be granted admission to UW–Madison as a transfer student for the fall 2022 term.
- Submit the Road to Wisconsin program agreement by May 1, 2021.
- Submit an official final high school transcript showing high school graduation and successful completion of senior year by July 10, 2021.
- Complete 24 transferable credits within one year of fall 2021 enrollment at a two-year college. This does not include test credit or dual enrollment credit from high school.
- Earn a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Submit a final college transcript by June 15, 2022.
Upon fulfilling these requirements, students will transition directly to UW–Madison without completing a separate application for admission.*
* General admission to UW–Madison does not guarantee admission to any specific academic major or program. Students must meet the same criteria for admission to specific majors and programs as other UW–Madison undergraduates. Admission to some programs is by declaration and admission to other programs is by a competitive application process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
UW–Madison Road to Wisconsin Program
702 West Johnson Street, Suite 1101
Madison, Wisconsin 53715-1007