DATES AND DEADLINES
To guarantee an early enrollment appointment for the term you are applying for, we encourage you to complete your reentry application by the following deadlines:
|Period||Application Open||Application Deadline||Decision Notification if NO Dean’s Action|
|Spring Term||February 1, 2020||January 8, 2021||Made on a rolling basis|
|Summer Term||August 1, 2019||July 10, 2020||Made on a rolling basis|
|Fall Term||August 1, 2019||August 14, 2020||Made on a rolling basis|
The admissions process for reentry students is automatic, and you should be admitted right away. The only exception would be if you have been dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons. In this case, your reentry application will be referred to the appropriate Dean’s office, and they will make the final determination regarding your admission to the university. Contact your Dean to begin the process and find out more information.
Please note that our reentry application does not accommodate reapplying for multiple majors. There is no need to complete another application. Once you are admitted, a process is run to readmit you to the other major(s).
HOW TO APPLY
There are two ways you can access the reentry application:
- Students last enrolled Fall 2010 or later: Access the reentry application through the Student Center in MyUW with your NetID and password.
- Students last enrolled prior to Fall 2010: Access the reentry application through My Info.
If you have forgotten your NetID and password, you can use My Info to access the reentry application. If you have forgotten your Campus ID number (needed for the My Info page), contact the Office of the Registrar at 608-262-3811.
Within the Student Center, you can access the reentry application:
- Under the “Academic Records” tile (review this screenshot)
- Select the menu on the left for “Request for Reentry”
- Click on the “Create a New Reentry Application” button
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
HOW TO ACCEPT ADMISSION
In your admission letter, you can find a link to our Admitted Student Checklists with next steps for accepting your admission. The reentry checklist includes all the steps you need to take in order to prepare for your return to campus.
Log in to the MyUW student portal to accept or decline your offer of admission in the Student Center. As long as you do not have any academic holds with your dean, you will be admitted right away. To accept your admission and confirm your enrollment, complete the following steps:
- Click on Student Center down arrow/icon and select “Applicant Homepage”
- Click on the Tile page with “Admissions”
- Within the Admissions tile, “Application Status” will show you the applications that you have submitted
- Accept/Decline Admission: follow the instructions it gives you to officially confirm. Reentry applicants do not need to pay the $100 enrollment deposit. You will not be able to register for classes until you complete this step. If you apply and are admitted after the enrollment appointment times, it may take up to the next business day to receive an enrollment assignment after you accept your admission in your Student Center
- Complete the Residency Application in your Student Center.
- If you are an international student, you will need to submit documents in order for us to prepare your I-20. You can find these documents on the Reentry Admitted Student Checklist.
REGISTERING FOR CLASSES
Depending when you apply for reentry admission, course registration may or may not be available to you yet. The Enrollment Appointment Times Release Schedule through the Office of the Registrar will show exactly when enrollment dates and times will be released, as well as the specific enrollment dates students will be assigned to in accordance with their class standing. If you have questions about course registration or class standing, contact the Office of the Registrar at 608-262-3811.
- If you apply and are admitted after the enrollment appointment times, it may take up to the next business day to receive an enrollment assignment after you accept your admission in your Student Center.
If you have questions about what courses you should select for the upcoming year, contact an advisor in your department.
FINAL TRANSCRIPTS AND CREDIT EVALUATIONS
Reentry students who completed coursework outside of UW–Madison will need to submit their final transcript to our office in order to receive credit. Credit evaluations will be made within the following timelines:
- If the transcript is received in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment by September 15, the transfer credit will be applied to your record before spring course enrollment.
- If the transcript is received by February 15, the coursework will be applied to your record before fall course enrollment.
Students enrolled in a study abroad program that is not affiliated with UW–Madison should see the Study Abroad section below.
If you have enrolled in a study abroad program that is not affiliated with UW–Madison, you will need to apply for reentry admission. You can apply directly through the Student Center in MyUW with your NetID and password. Once you have accessed the Student Center, you can find the reentry application under the “Academics” section.
How and when will my credits be evaluated?
All credit evaluations for study abroad programs that are not affiliated with UW–Madison should be completed through the International Academic Programs office (IAP). Once you have applied to the foreign institution or sponsoring study abroad program of your choice, you will need to sign up for transfer credit services through IAP. You do not need to be accepted by the non-affiliated program to begin the sign-up process for credit evaluations. More information about transfer credit services for non-affiliated programs can be found on the Study Abroad website.
Once you have completed your study abroad program, you will need to send your transcript directly to IAP for evaluation. For questions about processing timelines for your study abroad credits to be visible on your DARS report, please contact IAP directly at: email@example.com.
CHANGE TERM OF REENTRY TO SUMMER
If you applied for the fall semester and would like to change your term to summer, simply fill out another reentry application and select that you would like to apply for the summer term.
*If you have already registered for fall classes and you would like to apply for summer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our frequently-asked questions about the reentry process for further help.
If you need further help with the reentry application process, please feel free to contact our office directly. You can reach us by phone at 608-262-3961 or email at email@example.com
If you are having technical issues with the reentry application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.