Students who accept admission to the UW–Madison Connections Program agree to meet the following requirements:
- Submit the UW–Madison Connections Program Agreement.
- Complete 54 transferable credits within three years at the chosen partner campus. These credits may include AP, IB, college credit earned while still in high school, or summer courses taken at approved post-secondary institutions.
- Satisfy UW–Madison’s General Education Requirements with the exception of Communication Part B. These requirements include:
- Communication Part A (3 credits)
- Quantitative Reasoning Parts A and B (6 credits)
- Natural Science (4–6 credits)
- Humanities/Literature/Arts (6 credits)
- Social Studies (3 credits)
- Ethnic Studies (3 credits)
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 each term. (Specific major/program admission requirements may be higher than a 2.0 GPA. Review our entrance requirements for undergraduate majors for more information.)
- Complete the Connections Program Transition Checklist and submit it along with required documents (official transcripts, AP score reports, etc.).
Upon fulfilling these requirements, students transition directly to UW–Madison without completing a separate application for admission.
All of the University of Wisconsin Colleges two-year campuses participate in the UW–Madison Connections Program, as do three of the UW four-year campuses and several technical and tribal colleges.
Partner campuses include:
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
TECHNICAL AND TRIBAL COLLEGES
UW SYSTEM CAMPUSES
- University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire – Barron County
- University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh, Fond du Lac Campus
- University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh, Fox Valley Campus
- University of Wisconsin–Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus
- University of Wisconsin–Green Bay, Marinette Campus
- University of Wisconsin–Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee at Washington County
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee at Waukesha
- University of Wisconsin–Platteville Baraboo Sauk County
- University of Wisconsin–Platteville Richland
- University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point at Marshfield
- University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point at Wausau
- University of Wisconsin–Whitewater at Rock County
For more information, contact:
UW–Madison Connections Program
702 W. Johnson Street, Suite 1101
Madison, WI 53715